Friday, August 23, 2013

Samsung CLP-775ND/XAA Color Printer

Cheapest Samsung CLP-775ND/XAA Color Printer


35/35 (Black & Color) page per minute, Color Laser Printer, Built-in Network and Duplex
  • Fast and Robust Color Laser Printer to fit in any environment
  • Includes Built-in network and double sided printing for saving on time and money.
  • Superior Color Through Superior Technology

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Great printer for a small biz
I've had this printer for a couple of months now and have been very pleased. The paper capacity is larger than my old printer (an OKI), it's quieter, warms up faster, and the paper path seems to be better as well. On top of all that, I was worried about running out of toner quickly but the utility shows the toner is still over 80%. I highly recommend this one, on Windows 7 or 8 seems to work fine.

2. Terrific print quality, bypass tray is a huge pain
Love the quality of the printing, and the speed is amazing. No warm up time. But the bypass tray is a huge problem. I can't just put a piece of paper in the tray, it has to be inserted in just the right place to be grabbed. Most of the time I waste multiple sheets of paper as it gets grabbed from the drawer first as the placement in the tray was not recognized. I haven't figured out how to fix this yet. It helps (but still not foolproof) to have a stack of paper in the tray, not just a single sheet, but this is a silly workaround. Sometimes I just want to print a quick sheet of labels, I don't want to have to stack paper underneath it. I think the plastic parts are just a little rickety compared to my sturdy old Ricoh. Anybody got a solution for the bypass problem? Maybe it's just my machine in particular?

Need more appointment... ?
Not Wireless at All
This is a great printer - except one issue. We recieved it, installed it, and began our first print job over ethernet immediately. Fast, relatively quiet, excellent print and very good photo copy. Sat down this evening to install the wireless, followed the directions, hooked it into a USB to configure the wireless - it couldn't find the wireless settings. Called Samsung, very helpful guy. Took him about 30 seconds to figure out that the CLP-775ND/XAA is not a wireless printer. Apparently it needs a "W" in the suffix to be wireless (yes I know that the W alone won't do it and that it actually needs the wireless card, but that is the short answer in any event). No way to contact Amazon directly to tell them of this error, but I bet they figure it out fairly quickly after a bunch of customers waste their time setting up the printer and trying to install non-existent wireless. Bummer.
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment