Sunday, August 25, 2013

Brother HL-4070CDW Color Laser Printer with Built-In Duplex Printing and Wireless Interface

Cheap Brother HL-4070CDW Color Laser Printer with Built-In Duplex Printing and Wireless Interface


Brother HL-4070CDW Color Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex produces high-impact color brochures, business presentations, reports, and other business documents right from your desktop. An ideal choice for any small office, the HL-4070CDW offers fast, reliable performance and plenty of advanced features, such as automatic duplex printing, built-in wired and wireless networking, flexible paper handling, and USB direct printing. It produces brilliant business color output for all you...
  • Networkable color laser printer offers built-in wireless network interface for easy networking
  • Prints both color and monochrome at 21 ppm
  • 2400 x 600 dpi printing resolution provides outstanding quality
  • Provides both 802.11b/g wireless and Ethernet wired network connections for easy networking
  • Measures 16.5 x 12.5 x 18.7 inches (WxHxD)

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. UPDATED: STILL a Great Home/Small Biz Color Laser Printer
I purchased the '4070' when I was getting tired of paying for the ink cartridges in my HP DeskJet 6840, especially for 'everyday' home printing (online order confirmations, homework, drawings, etc.) I was also looking for a printer to operate on a Mac network. This one is great! The wireless feature allows you to 'plop' this thing down wherever there's a power cord and setup is fairly easy. It's a single-pass unit (e.g. color and B&W printing are the same print speed) and has duplexing built in. Does a 'realistic' job with color photos (not overly saturated). I don't think it's too noisy as previous reviews have stated, but it's certainly not as quiet as an inkjet. The cartridges are neatly laid out in a removable 'drum' tray, making changeout that much easier. I particularly like the LCD display with 3 backdrop colors (green for 'everythings okeydokey', amber for 'I'm in maintenance mode, so don't bother me' and red for 'Help!'. This screen tilts out so you can read it more easily as...

2. Good but not great
I own a small business and I needed a printer to high volume jobs, including eye catching color, and a clean presentation. After a week of solid research on the internet (there aren't many reliable resources), I was down to the decision between the HP and Brother.

After speaking with a very informed salesperson at Office Max, I decided to go with the Brother. Well rated, quick output, and the consumables cost was also low. However, upon getting the unit home, I quickly noticed something annoying. (This ended up being a deal breaker for me; however, it may not bother some people.)

The final paper product comes out of the printer with curled edges. Literally, the top and bottom edge of the paper stock comes out curled. If I set the paper on a desk top, the curl is pretty significant - just under thumb height. I waited over four days on one batch of paper and it remained curled. I tried 20, 24, 28 and even 32 pound laser and color laser paper. No change. Now the...

Need more appointment... ?
Excellent Color Laser Printer
We needed a printer to print a fairly large volume of B&W and color notes and slides for my wife, who is in vet school. My Canon iP6000D, which is a great photo printer by the way, just wasn't cutting it speed-wise, since she prints maybe 100 pages of color notes a week, usually all at once. Ink was killing us, too. So, I knew we needed a color laser printer with built-in duplex, which cuts down on the number of pages she has to pack around. It would also save us a bunch on ink, since laser toner goes a lot further.

Now I'm pretty picky when it comes to electronics purchases, so I did a lot of reading. After the positive reviews for this printer on Amazon I made the leap and got this one. I'm very glad I did.

SETUP

First of all, this thing is pretty heavy, something like 75 pounds in the box. The UPS man was glad to be rid of it. It's all assembled out of the box, just a bunch of tape to take off, etc. Directions are easy to follow. It just...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment