Sunday, August 25, 2013

Samsung CLP-315W Color Laser Printer

Deals for Samsung CLP-315W Color Laser Printer


Vibrant, professional color is now within your reach with the compact, wireless Samsung CLP-315W color laser printer. This easy-to-use workgroup printer fits easily into an office network and look good while working quickly and quietly. This stylish printer also features a black control panel and delivers full-color printing at 4 pages per minute (ppm) and sharp monochrome laser text at 17 ppm. Along with its great design and compact size (just a 15.3 x 12.3-inch footprint), it's network-ready v...
  • Vibrant, professional color is now within your reach. The compact, wireless Samsung CLP-315W can easily fit in small places
  • High-speed USB 2.0 won?t slow you down. The network-ready CLP-315W lets everyone in the office share the color
  • Our exclusive NO NOIS print engine is the same print engine found in our bestselling color printers. It gives you quiet operation and simple-to-replace toner cartridges.
  • This printer is not only super compact, it also has sleek, contoured lines for a stylish design.
  • The CLP-315W is a compact 15.3" x 12.3" so it will easily fit on your home office desk or bookshelf.

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Just what I expected.
Purchasing supplies for my inkjet printer was running up the $$$. Remembering the old days when we had the office Laserwriter, reminded me how many prints you could get on one cartridge.
We stopped by the local Office Max to see what was available. I thought I was in the market for a mono laser printer. The knowledgeable sales person showed us the 315. I asked him to print a couple of pages and was satisfied with the output. I would have purchased it on the spot, however they didn't carry the 315W... and I wanted a wireless printer.
This gave me time to come home and check it out on the net. The reviews ran the gamete from "Great" to "Don't buy". After consuming reviews till I was dizzy, I decided to place my order on Amazon. I had the printer in 3 days...all in good order.
After trying it out for a few days here is what i Have found out.

Negative reviews. I really don't get this... Anyone who has been around laser printers knows that inkjet photos are far...

2. Completely dead after 3 years....
** UPDATE **

Having owned this printer for approximately three years (2011), it has always worked until the other day it simply "died" completely. The red light flashes, no print jobs go through. I contacted Samsung via Twitter for assistance and was referred to a local repair shop. Repair shop suggested it was the "main board...and sensors" that needed repair to the tune of $85-$95. Samsung Customer Service via Twitter was helpful but far from understanding. I was asked for the SN# and if I still had the receipt, I gave them all information except the receipt I no longer had....I was told no exceptions can be made, their decision was final, and there was nothing they could do. They were clearly less-than-enthusiastic about standing behind their product or offering to meet me half-way on a repair.

HP sells a comprable Laserjet for $199 MSRP (less on Amazon), it's not worth paying 1/2 the price of a new one to get the old one repaired. I've owned several printers...

Need more appointment... ?
Setup ok, color ok, wireless feature ++, buy more toner... now
I bought this on 3 Dec through Amazon. Normal great delivery and packaging. Setup was ok - although minimal instructions like other reviewers have said. Used a Cat5 cable to my router, logged in, changed the IP and pw, and no issues.

Had a bit of trouble with the paper cartridge - didn't realize it stuck out (no pictures indicated that) and it's pretty cheap / thin plastic so I didn't want to use too much oomph. But eventually figured it out and I'm comfortable with putting paper in and out (needed for double sided printing).

Just finished printing 120 Christmas letters with color pics embedded - 2 pages, front and back, so about 450 pages total. And the black toner is hollering "low!" so I ordered another (supposedly 1.5k pages) from Amazon - $43. Seems a bit soon to me, but there it is.

Cyan cartridge now needs "shaking" every 10 pages or so or it doesn't fill in where it should - and the "guage" is still showing 30% available.

In...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment