Monday, August 5, 2013

Lexmark C543DN Color Laser Printer

Cheap Lexmark C543DN Color Laser Printer


The Lexmark C543dn is the professional color partner small workgroups have been waiting for. Bring your business documents to life with high-quality color output from the C543dn laser printer and drive down costs and inefficiency with paper-saving two-sided printing and included high-yield toner cartridges. Also, with its ultra-compact design and quiet operation, the C543dn is the perfect desktop companion for fast color laser printing.
  • Get a product built to last with a 35,000 page duty cycle and add color to your documents fast - print up to 21 ppm!; Fast, color output in a compact design for small workgroups.
  • Compact design makes the C543dn perfect for desktop printing in color; Includes high-yield toner cartridges for a great value.
  • Save paper and the environment with automatic two-sided printing; Energy-saving Eco Mode.
  • Experience less downtime with a 1-Year Next Business Day Exchange Warranty
  • Retrieve your color prints fast with rapid first page out - as fast as 13 seconds; Connect multiple users to one device with advanced ethernet networking capabilities
  • Get a product built to last with a 35,000 page duty cycle and add color to your documents fast - print up to 21 ppm!; Fast, color output in a compact design for small workgroups.
  • Compact design makes the C543dn perfect for desktop printing in color; Includes high-yield toner cartridges for a great value.
  • Save paper with automatic two-sided printing; Energy-saving Eco Mode.
  • Experience less downtime with a 1-Year Next Business Day Exchange Warranty
  • Retrieve your color prints fast with rapid first page out - as fast as 13 seconds; Connect multiple users to one device with advanced ethernet networking capabilities

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Excellent color laser for home or small business
A paper sensor issue with my ancient HP LJ4L gave me an excuse to look for a new printer. It is used intermittanly so I wanted a laser, it is normally in my basement so I wanted networking and duplex, and color would be a plus if not too expensive. After looking at all the possiblities, my head was spinning and I was ready to settle for a mono-laser with network and duplex.

But then I stumbled on the new Lexmark C543dn color laser on sale that had everything I wanted, a high resolution color laser with networking and duplex. The only review I could find of the C543dn was from [..] which thought the colors were too vivid. PC Magazine gave the similar faster C544dn an Editors Choice and only criticised text smaller than 4 or 5 points. It may not be small, but it is not as tall as some color lasers and I was able to carry and place it myself without any help.

Open Office Writer doesn't even list fonts smaller than 6 points and Word 2007 does not list fonts smaller...

2. Almost perfect
BLUF: I'm really happy with this printer, although it has some warts.

PRO: Excellent, excellent black print quality. Very good color print quality. Completely acceptable color photo quality, although inkjet on premium paper is better. Excellent print speed once it gets going. Duplexer is really handy. Reasonably quiet. Physical footprint is smaller than many other color lasers I have seen. Includes both USB and network (Ethernet 10/100) ports.

All in all, this printer seems like the best overall bargain for print quality, up-front cost and long-term cost.

CON: Needs a nearby nuclear reactor to power it. No joke: the lights in the room get noticeably dimmer while this thing is printing. Long warm-up time; once it goes on power-saver standby, it takes a couple of minutes before it's ready to print again. Paper handling options are a bit short. No straight-through printing path for stiffer papers. Duplexer works but it seems like printing multiple copies...

Need more appointment... ?
Lots of ink left, but claims to be empty
I bought this printer several months ago at a great price. When I first brought it home and hooked it up it did not work. I bought it back and got another which to my surprise did not work either. It was giving me a strange error message. I thought perhaps it was my fault, a user error. So to avoid the embarrassment of walking in the store again I called tech support.

The tech support rep walked me through the problem. There was a batch of these printers that when shipped resulted in a loose cable on the internal board itself. He walked me through unscrewing the printer, opening the back, removing a cable and securing it more tightly.

The printer worked GREAT after this. I have been using it to print mostly addresses on envelopes. The included cartridge ran out rather quickly. I assumed this was because it was just a starter cartridge. I purchased a new one which also ran out quickly. After all, I am only printing addresses on envelopes. I wondered...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment