Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Canon imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn Color Laser Printer

Bargain Canon imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn Color Laser Printer


High-speed desktop color laser printer
  • Print in color and black & white at same speed of up to 21 ppm
  • Quick First Print provides first print time of approximately 16 seconds in color and in black & white
  • Duplex Printing (2-sided)
  • Advanced Print Modes include Poster, Booklet, Watermark, and Toner Saver
  • 250-sheet front-loading paper cassette plus 50-sheet multipurpose tray
  • Efficient energy saving mode; approximately 1W of energy used
  • Single Cartridge System for cost-efficient supplies replenishment

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Works pretty well, but toner is HIGH!
If I was rating this printer based solely on the funtion, I would've given it 4 stars, however, a big caveat I am learning is that it appears the cost of ownership on this is going to be very high. I've had the printer for a few months now and I have to say the print quality is pretty good. Sharp, decent color, and no blemishes like my older Brother used to. Speed isn't bad, though it has to take a break every once in a while to do a cleaning. It's a pretty straight forward printer. Does Duplex well, but no real bells and whistles. It makes an odd clicking noise when turning on, that almost sounds like something wrong, but I assume it to be normal. The web interface requires a password to get into Admin mode, and I have yet to find out what that password is. Not in the documentation, and the one Canon gave me so far has proven to be wrong. Fortunately, you can get into User mode without one. My big complaint, right now, however is I already have to replace the Black toner, and OEM's...

2. Superb Printing - Colors Spot On
After reading over other reviews for this printer, especially ones regarding clicking noise, print quality and high cost of ownership, I decided to purchase this printer anyway and take my chances based on Canon's reputation for quality. I have previously owned HP Color Laser and Brother color laser printers. I'm not going to bore you with the details covered in the other reviews.

I needed a color laser printer that produces high quality images and text.I was pleasantly surprised at how well this printer works straight out of the box. Like other Canon products, this printer is well built and feels more expensive than it looks. The print colors are spot on, and accurately match the colors produced by my Canon ink-jet printer. Sure the ink-jet is better for photographs, but I am still impressed by the Canon LBP7660Cdn color laser printer because of its fast speed, automatic duplexing (dual side printing), accurate colors and high resolution printing. The clicking noises...

Need more appointment... ?
Good for the price
I agree with most of what others have said - the manual is next to useless and the printer is a bit noisy, especially when starting up. The print quality is good - the colors seem true and with photos there is no visible banding as often is the case with the less expensive color lasers. However, the photo quality is not as sharp as it was with the Samsung CLP-415, which is about the same price. But, the Samsung is a piece of junk (see my review - I had to return 2 of them as defective), this Canon appears to be a very well built machine. I can't yet speak about the cost of toner etc - we'll have to see how long the starter cartridges last. There are a number of sources, both on Amazon and elsewhere, for 3rd party toner cartridges at about half the Canon price - I'll most likely give one of them a try when the time comes. Meanwhile, I'm satisfied with this Canon, though not ecstatically happy. But is there a better choice in this price range???? I don't think so.
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment