Friday, August 9, 2013

Brother Printer HL3170CDW Wireless Color Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex for Small Businesses

Buy Brother Printer HL3170CDW Wireless Color Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex for Small Businesses


The HL-3170cdw is an affordable, fast, reliable Digital Color Printer for small businesses. It features automatic two-sided printing, wireless networking and prints high-impact color and crisp black documents at up to 23ppm. It's compact and offers versatile paper handling with a 250-sheet capacity letter/legal paper tray and a single-sheet manual feed slot for envelopes or thicker media. This energy-efficient printer has a deep sleep mode for conserving energy when not in use (uses
  • Blazing fast color/black printing - up to 23ppm
  • Automatic two-sided printing
  • Wireless 802.11b/g/n interface
  • High-impact business printing, at up to 600 x 2400 dp
  • 250-sheet capacity paper tray, adjustable for letter or legal

This give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Very well worth the money
I bought this model when it has 20% off sale (not Amazon sorry), so I was pleased with its quality and value. Two functions caught my attention when I chose this model, besides being a color printer, the duplex and the AirPrint.

Laser color printer will be useful for kids projects and commercial announcement that I was looking for a long time. I am tired of Samsung's high cost on toners and poor durability so anything buy Samsung will be good for me this time around.

So far so good: the Wi-Fi setup was easy without any intervention: all I need was to press the WPS button on my Cisco router and it is done. No password needed. The duplex works, but need good papers. The initial print time is not a concern for me at all: none of the 4 laser printer works fast on the initial page anyway.

The AirPrint works with iPhone and iPad, which solved my long struggle of frustration. I have to say to Apple though: silly ideas of lacking any control.

Though...

2. Great automatic duplex color laser printer
Was looking for an automatic duplex color laser printer for the fiancé who is in med school. Last year, she printed over 10,000 pages. It's important she has color so she can see the details of the anatomy or cardio diagrams she has to print out. She used to have a color Brother 3045CN but there was no auto duplex mode (sucks the paper back in and prints on the other side). She had to manually refeed the paper in to print on the other side and at times would make errors because she put in the wrong way. There goes 20 sheets of paper in the recycle bin. and I realized she needed a better printer.

This printer is amazing. Has great color and auto duplex works like it should. If you know how to setup a router to have wifi password, setting up the wifi on the printer shouldn't that difficult. When you first plug it in, (no need to plug it into a computer or anything), it'll ask you to setup WLAN. Press ok, find your wireless network name, press ok, put in password, press...

Need more appointment... ?
Finally a decent color laser printer
This is replacing an HP Photosmart D7460 that uses six individual ink cartridges. While the HP was doing just fine, it was becoming harder to find OEM replacement cartridges.

I setup the Brother using wireless directly from the built-in LCD. It was very easy to do even with my "hidden" wireless network. Wireless connectivity is rock solid and I have not noticed any type of disconnects.

I only installed the print driver on both of my Win7 x64 machines since I did not need any of the other bloat-ware that typically comes with a full installation. The installation was quick an easy.

The noise level is very quite and when it wakes from its "deep sleep" mode, the first print only takes about 10 seconds to come out.

The automatic duplex is working great and was a major selling point for me. The HP did not have this function. I am using Hammermill laser paper that is 24lb and 98 brightness. Text is crisp and clear and color images are...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment