Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brother HL-3040CN Compact Digital Color Printer with Networking

Bargain Brother HL-3040CN Compact Digital Color Printer with Networking


The HL-3040CN is a digital color printer with networking that is ideal for home offices or small offices. It produces brilliant, high-quality output at up to 600 x 2400 dpi resolution with a fast print speed of up to 17ppm in color or black.  The HL-3040CN also provides a 250-sheet capacity paper tray and a straight through paper path via its manual feed slot, ideal for printing envelopes and letterhead.  Additional features include a built-in Ethernet network interface for printer sharing and...
  • Prints up to 17ppm in color and black
  • Built-in Ethernet network interface
  • High-quality output at up to 600 x 2400 dpi resolution using Brother's Digital LED technology
  • Adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper
  • Straight through paper path via manual feed slot for printing envelopes and thicker media

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. I have owned four color lasers - this is the best of that group (update: newer model available)
This printer was a great workhorse for me for about 2 and a half years, and you can read all about that in the original review below. However, there is an updated model - the Brother Printer HL3045CN Color Printer - which is cheaper and newer. You might want to look at that one instead.

*** Original review ***

I have owned color lasers from HP, Xerox, and Lexmark previously. All of them had issues that gave me fits. All had installation and driver issues which cost me many hours of time to resolve.

No such problems here. Plug it in, answer a few questions, and it's printing. I have Windows 7 64 bit, and I was cringing because I expected problems, but I didn't have any. I used the network setup with an Ethernet cable plugged in, and now all the computers in my house can see it and use it. I never did get networking to work right on the Xerox, though I fiddled with settings for the...

2. Secret for maximizing life of toner cartridges
For the second time now, this thing said it was out of ALL THREE color toner cartridges at the same exact time! The first time this happened, it seemed very suspicious. Wish I held on to the toner carts. Now that the printer has bugged me for the second time that it needs new color toner, I dug up a page that has the reset instructions for the cartridges. Apparently, the printer keeps track of the number of pages, regardless of how much toner is actually used. Pretty darn lame. Anyway, here's the trick that just made me very happy:

1. Open the front cover that gives you access to the toners.
2. Press and hold "Secure Print" and "Cancel" at the same time. You will see "K-TNR-STD" display on the screen.
3. Using the "+" and "-" buttons select the toner you want to reset.
4. Press the "Ok" button.
5. It will display "Ok?" and hit the "Ok" button again to reset the toner.
6. Close the lid.

Also, FYI, I called Brother and the support rep was a...

Need more appointment... ?
Good Print Quality, Easy Install
I have had this printer about two weeks, and so far it is great. Install was easy on my network,with networking built-in. The print quality on both black & white, and color is very good. The toner cartridges that come with the printer are "starter" cartridges, and yield only about 1000 copies. So far, Brother direct, or Staples seem to be the only ones that have replacement cartridges, and they are expensive ($65+) for 2500 page yield cartridges, and there are four of them total? Have been able to print both labels and card stock from the regular print tray, with minimal curling. There is a straight-thru manual feel slot. Price was right, sub$200 with discounts... and a free label printer thrown in...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment