Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lexmark 28C0050 Wireless Color Photo Printer

Cheapest Lexmark 28C0050 Wireless Color Photo Printer


The small and quiet Lexmark CS310dn network-ready color laser printer with 2-sided printing standard, a 800 MHz dual-core processor and 256MB of standard memory prints at up to 25 ppm black and color.
  • Quickly print up to 25 pages per minute in black and color plus produce a 1 page color document in as little as 11 seconds
  • Easily print up to 5000 pages per month plus enjoy fewer maintenance hassles thanks to our state of the art paper handling
  • With the ability to print professional color in-house you will save time and money typically spent on expensive outside printing alternatives

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Deceptive Title
This is a great printer for the price. It's fast and efficient. My complaint is in the description. This is NOT a Wireless printer. It will not connect to your wireless network unless you connect via a LAN cable. I find this extremely misleading and irritating. Fortunately, for me, I actually had an ethernet cable connection near where I wanted the printer. Now, other computers in my home can access it on the network. I even went on Lexmark's website before purchasing and could not tell that I had to have a cable to connect to the network. The seller was first rate. They delivered the printer ahead of time and at the price quoted. I just believe the buyer should not have to dig out of the material whether the printer is truly a "wireless" printer or not!

2. Great printer, but bad initial experience.
AKA CS310DN. Most folks won't recognize 28C0050. Also this is not a wireless photo printer. But that is Amazon's problem.

Looks (5 stars):
Printer is big and heavy, but looks good. It trumps my old mono Brother laser printer. Mostly plastic shell, but they are good quality. Overall printer looks clean and professional, not over-designed.

Operation (4.5 stars):
It's pretty quiet compared to my old Brother printer when printing content, but does have slightly annoying fan noise that persists until the unit cools down. Setup was straightforward. Windows 8 was able to pick up the drivers and it was up and printing in less than 5 minutes. The Web interface is very useful as navigating the huge menu structure becomes tedious with the printer's simple button interface.

Quality(3.5 stars):

Photos came out really nice if I ignore the slight imperfections(more below). Colors are actually pretty good. Text output is...

Need more appointment... ?
great color laser printer!!
I paid a bit more for this than other color laser printers because I love the expansion options that I may purchase in the future (extra trays, stands, etc.) and also because I've had great experiences with Lexmark. I wanted an auto-duplex color laser and this fits the bill perfectly. Prints are crisp and clean, printer properties are vast but easy to navigate and there's even a rewards program for discounted toner if you buy from Lexmark and promise to return the used cartridges to them.

It's not the smallest printer in the world but auto-duplexing printers tend to be a bit larger than others by my experience. I got the CS310DN specifically which means I can hook it up with USB, wirelessly, or hardwired with a network cable. I have only had it hooked up to my LAN so I can't vouch for how the other interfaces work. The LAN connection fired up right away and has worked flawlessly.

One of my favorite features that most network printers come with is the ability...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment