Sunday, September 1, 2013

Lexmark X9575 Wireless Professional Multifunction Color Printer (14V1000)

Cheapest Lexmark X9575 Wireless Professional Multifunction Color Printer (14V1000)


Lexmark X9575 Professional All-in-One Wireless Users gain freedom and flexibility with built-in 802.11g wireless technology; Compatible with Wi-Fi certified IEEE 802.11g/b/n; High quality printing from virtually anywhere over a secure wireless network.All-in-one with fax offers the freedom and flexibility of wireless with fast print speeds and two-sided printing.Features:* Users gain freedom and flexibility with built-in 802.11g wireless technology and Ethernet; Compatible with Wi-Fi certified I...
  • Accepts Paper Size - 3 in x 5 in, 4 in x 6 in, 4 in x 8 in, 5 in x 7 in, 7 3/4, Custom Sizes: 3 in x 5 in to 8 1/2 in x 17 in, Envelopes (Executive, Legal, Letter, Monarch,No. 9, No. 10)
  • Auto Duplexing Functions - Print
  • Borderless Printing - Yes
  • Catalog Publishing Type - Copier/Fax/Multifunction Machines-Multifunction
  • Color Depth - 48 b

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Solid performer!
was interested in 7675 model that has 4 star rating over several reviews. Its scanner is 600x1200 dpi so I decided to review the 9575 with better scan capabilities and looks much more elegant that 7675. I read the two reviews on Amazon, both had 2 star ratings. Both are very well written, to the point, so I was afraid to pick this model up. However, I decided to give it a try anyway.

I have tried to address some of the points raised in the other two 2 Star reviews, hope it will help them also, or, they may be correct in their individual circumstances.

The setup was a breeze - the CD accompanying the printer asks for 30 minutes set up time, I got done somewhat short of 30 mins, most of the time going into doing external stuff ("now get paper, load it in tray" etc). Once the setup was complete, all its features worked just fine. No customer support, no rollback of software of conflicts of any kind.

Here are some notes that may help the buyers or those...

2. Not worth the price
The overall construction and setup are good including the wireless. The system is a bit louder than my HP K60 that this was suppose to replace. The photo quality is good but less than the quality of the canon PIXMA series. However, I didn't attempt to fine-tune the photo optons. The biggest problem is the software will not allow you to share or use peer-to-peer networking for this system. (confirmed by tech. support) Once I connected the other two computers on my network all the advanced options were grayed-out. ie auto-duplexing and all the photo options. Therefore I sent it back.

Need more appointment... ?
Looks sharp, just wish it worked as good.
I bought the Lexmark x9575 after returning the Epson Workforce 600. I loved the Epson but their idea of 2-sided printing is flipping the paper and putting it back in paper tray. I own my own business and need the speed and conveneince of automatic duplex printing.

The Lexmark is difficult to set up. I'm an IT guy and configured my own network, even then I had to call and spend 30 minutes with an out-sourced support department. They couldn't figure it out. I finally realized that the WiFi on the printer will only work with WEP Key 1. My network was set to use Key 3. After making the changes on my firewall/access point it connected and began working.

If you don't use the software to set up the printer on your PC most of the advanced options (like Print Duplex) will be greyed out. Knowing what I know, and working with PCs and Printers for a living, I configured it myself and was frustrated to see the Duplex option was greyed out. Another call to tech support. He...
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment