Thursday, September 5, 2013

HP Color LaserJet 1600 Printer (CB373A#ABA)

Cheapest HP Color LaserJet 1600 Printer (CB373A#ABA)


The HP Color LaserJet 1600 is the most affordable color laser printer that provides you with professional-quality results at up to 8 pages per minute, quick printing of the first page, easy access to cartridges, and a one-year warranty. Manage printing containing text, images, and graphics with the high-powered 264MHz processor and 16MB of memory. Create impressive-looking documents with HP's ColorSphere toner, specialty and everyday papers, and supplies. Give your brochures and flyers a compe...
  • Professional, high-quality color LaserJet printer
  • HP Smart Printing Technology; 264 MHz processor with 16 MB RAM
  • Prints up to 8 pages per minute
  • Easy, one-door cartridge access
  • 1-Year limited manufacturer's warranty

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Great printer, not for cover stock.
Just got this and it prints great on the 28lb paper that I use for 2 sided printing. It can be set for 2 sided printing but I find it easier to leave settings on default. Will not print on 110# index paper (jams) but will print on the HP 75# cover stock one at a time. If you try to print several copies of a cover, ink will begin to smear. I use my old ink jet if I need more than 1 cover or if I need to print on 110# stock.

2. Piece of junk - DO NOT BUY AT ANY PRICE
I bought this printer in August of 2007 at the local Staples. I had compared the print quality to a Samsung of similar price range and concluded the HP had better print quality, so I bought the HP. BIG MISTAKE. First off, we ran out of black ink within about 30 days - the package said it was a 1,000 page ink cartridge that came with the printer, but I'd guess we got less than 700.

So then I pay almost $100 for a new black ink cartridge (the "high capacity" 2500 page cartridge). A few weeks after replacing that ink cartridge, I notice that I was getting red streaks on every page I printed. I followed the manual's troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing solved it. I figure maybe the magenta cartridge is running out or something (even though the meter on the printer said I had 1/4 of a cartridge left), so I spend almost $100 on another magenta cartridge. As soon as I replace the cartridge, not only did the red streaks not go away, but they got worse.

So I call HP,...

Need more appointment... ?
Perfect for Color LaserPrints at Home
I am writing this review, while the HP 1600 is running the second side of our annual holiday letter - in full color of a photo of hummingbirds while peach-picking at Masumoto's Family Farm in California.

The HP prints fast, crisp (offers a draft 600dpi or a full-on 2400dpi) and reliably. No jams and no blurring. This rivals the office laser printers at work, but unfortunately doesn't automatically do double-sided.

Yes, the ink refills are expensive, but it's a color laser printer! I haven't yet had to replace them a second time, so can't judge if the full cartridges are efficient or not.

However, I would like to recommend to HP and all other printer companies, please include FULL cartridges with all your printers. We are springing for the full package here, so let us print away on full (I also hate it when car companies don't give you a full tank to start either).

Happy holidays everyone!
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment