Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lexmark C544DW Color Laser Printer with Duplexing, Networking, and Wireless

Bargain Lexmark C544DW Color Laser Printer with Duplexing, Networking, and Wireless


Experience the freedom of wireless connectivity with the Lexmark C544dw color laser printer. With increased speeds and access to larger toner cartridges, the Lexmark C544dw is perfect for small to mid-size workgroups who need to bring their important business documents to life with color. By driving down costs and increasing efficiency with automatic two-siding printing, the C544dw is the right choice for your business. The C544dw produces high-quality color documents fast and makes them easi...
  • High-quality color is within easy reach thanks to the added freedom of wireless connectivity.
  • Wireless-N connectivity lets you easily connect multiple users to the high-quality color of the C544dw
  • Get a product built to last with a 55,000 page duty cycle.
  • Extra-High Yield toner cartridges available for extra-low printing costs; Compact design makes the C544dw perfect for desktop printing in color.
  • Save paper and the environment with automatic two-sided printing; with energy-saving Eco Mode.
  • Connect multiple users to one device with advanced ethernet networking capabilities

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Not as fast as other models
This unit replaced my Ricoh 3500 Color Laser. While the Lexmark has print advantages, its a slower machine print wise in:

Energy Save Mode - To first print job it makes a low buzzing noise when it is warming up. I miss the instant spool up of the Ricoh.
Duplex Mode it feeds the paper out and then pulls it back in, a rather inefficient and slower duplexing system and to an impatient person you may pull the copy from the feeder causing a misprint.

What it lacks in mechanical speed, I feel it makes up in print quality, so its a fair compromise for the price range.

2. Disaster
While advertised as being compatible with the Macintosh operating system, the installation manual's instructions for getting the wireless system working do not work. I needed to use Lexmark's live chat (and allow them to wire in to my computer) to get it working using a completely different installation procedure. Then within a few weeks, the wireless network card began having problems and I needed to resort to live chat again. The technician told me there was NO way to install the printer on a Mac, even though I'd already done it. Almost three hours later, while trying to access a menu on the printer that apparently does not actually exist, the printer started printing from the queue on its own. The technician declared the printer fixed. Within an hour, it stopped working again. The error code clearly says the network card has an unrecoverable error and needs to be replaced, but Lexmark keeps sending me new things to try to get it working. So now I can only use my wireless printer...

Need more appointment... ?
Perfect for my small home office
I am a graphic designer and have a small home office. It prints well and I really like the duplex feature. It has rarely jammed, and when it did, it was easy to clear the jam. The toner is very easy to change. I did have a bit of trouble setting up the wireless feature, but Lexmark's customer service was excellent. They patiently worked with me to set it up -- and they didn't even make me feel like an idiot! The only thing that surprised me was the cost of the replacement toner. However, the overall cost of the laser toner is lower than the cost of multiple inkjet cartridges. And I like their free recycle/postage return paid toner program.
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment