Wednesday, September 4, 2013

C530DN Digital Colorprinter 27/31PPM, 120V

Cheapest C530DN Digital Colorprinter 27/31PPM, 120V


For small workgroups, demanding superior quality at an affordable price, OKI Printing Solutions brings you the C530dn digital color printer. Network-ready, it combines fast printing speeds, incredible print quality, duplex (2-sided) printing standard, the ability to print on a wide variety of media, and the legendary reliability of OKI Printing Solutions products.
  • Designed for productivity
  • HD color printing technology
  • Exceptional paper handling
  • Small workgroup connectivity is built in
  • Perfect for virtually any printing environment

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Awesome!
My old OKI color laser was showing its age, so I decided to upgrade after about 7 years of reliable output. Two primary reasons I chose this one for replacement are outstanding customer service by the manufacturer and the ability to print on card stock. The range has been expanded for thickness of acceptable card stock and the print quality has gone from good to really impressive for a color laser printer. Duplex printing [included] came as a bonus.
For my home office this has been a very useful tool and color copies are still cheaper than inkiet, not to mention not affected by moisture. It is also amazing how much a little color for letter heads and such really punch up visual appeal for business materials.
Set-up was plug and play.
The downside is that resolution is limited to 600 x 1200 dpi, so for max resolution photo printing, the inkjet is still ahead, but for most office use this is hard to beat. Hidden in the printing software splash screen are some controls...

2. A great true office printer
The OKI 530dn is an amazing color laser. Coming from a HP printer I am thrilled. First, after the first set of "gimped" toner, I get about a 40% savings in toner cost. The second is speed, this printer is literally 8X faster than the HP per page in color. The third is quality, although a hair less sharp than the HP the quality is awesome (you have to look under a loop to see the difference though) the colors come through with greater depth than the HPs. My HP gave up the ghost after only 10K pages, so we'll see how the OKI does over the next few months. All in all, for the same price as the HP that died, this beats the HP hands down.

Downsides are that although network install was really easy, the instructions were not super clear. Also, the drums require a few pages of "break in", so your first few prints won't be perfect. I assume that this happens every time you change drums. Also, OKI has limited customizations for paper choices, unlike the HP, which has a lot...

Need more appointment... ?
Be aware of two driver options
This is a good printer. It is fast and the image quality is good. It also takes up much less space than my previous laser printer. Initially, I had a problem with the printer not printing graphics from my MS-Access reports, but after calling the tech help number for OKI I found out that I had to use the PS driver instead of the PCL driver to print the graphics. I ended up installing both drivers and I use the PCL most of the time, but when I am printing the MS-Access reports I have to use the PS driver for all of the graphics to print correctly. I don't understand much about the technical aspects of the different drivers and why they exist, but if I could recommend anything to the company I would suggest that there only be one driver to print everything. Overall, this is a good printer, but be aware that there are two drivers.
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment