Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Okidata(R) C5100n Digital Color Printer

Deals for Okidata(R) C5100n Digital Color Printer


Okidata's C5100N's color printing solutions are designed with the busy office in mind. The built-in 10/100 Base-T internal Ethernet print server makes the C5100's print features available to all users in your office, and the fast output (up to 20 ppm black, 12 ppm color) and fast warm up time (under 18 seconds) will help to reduce wait times. The C5100N comes with 32 MB standard, which can be upgraded to up to 288 MB. Other options include duplexing and an extra 530-sheet paper tray to expand i...
  • Sharp 1,200 x 600 dpi print resolution
  • Up to 20 ppm black, 12 ppm color print speed
  • Built-in 10/100 Base-T internal Ethernet print server
  • 32 MB memory standard, expandable to 288 MB
  • Flexible paper handling, optional duplexing

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Good Printer
Where I work (up to 30 users for these purchases), I was responsible for bringing two C5100N's into the workplace. At the time I purchased them, September 2003, there was little information on them. The goals I had were merely to bring color to the workgroup at a slightly-more- affordable-than-inkjet and definitely more affordable than outsourcing color.

My experience: I agree that the photos aren't the best. They look GREAT (or, much better) on cardstock, and the finished-look of laser gives a more professional look than inkjet, to some extent. The price was right for us, and the results were acceptable for an organization that is used to using a mimeograph for volume color, one color at a time.

Since our emphasis isn't on speed of first output (nobody is really near the printer), the time to first print is not really applicable. Duplex cardstock is an iffy proposition. IF the settings are correct, it should work, and does work.

Consumables are used pretty fast, to be sure...

2. Don't let low buying price fool you
As of today I have almost 3,000 pages printed and replaced my third set of toners. At $140. per color this has brought the price much higher than any expensive machine I "could" have gotten.

I called Oki today to see if I can return the printer & since it is just two weeks beyond the thirty day period from dealer I bought it from.....I cannot return it.

Need more appointment... ?
Best value for the money
I am very impressed with this printer. Print quality is outstanding. Print speed is very fast. Comparing the print speed in color to our HP at my work, the C5100n is about 3 times faster. Printer footprint is pretty small so it fits on most home computer desks. I bought mine from Amazon for $640.00 including the $30.00 off for getting the Amazon Visa. A color laser/led printer with all of these features, print quality, and speed for this low price is incredible. Very happy.
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment