Monday, July 22, 2013

Brother Printer HL3140CW Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking

Cheap Brother Printer HL3140CW Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking


The HL-3140cw is an affordable, fast, reliable Digital Color Printer for small businesses. It features wireless networking and prints high-impact color and crisp black documents at up to 19ppm. It's compact and offers versatile paper handling with a 250-sheet capacity letter/legal paper tray and a single-sheet manual feed slot for envelopes or thicker media. This energy-efficient printer has a deep sleep mode for conserving energy when not in use (uses
  • Blazing fast color/black printing - up to 19ppm
  • Wireless 802.11b/g/n interface
  • High-impact business printing, at up to 600 x 2400 dpi
  • 250-sheet capacity paper tray, adjustable for letter or legal
  • Mobile Device Printing via: AirPrint, Brother iPrint&Scan, Google Cloud Print and Wi-Fi Direct

This Laser Printers give to us some advantages, like this :
1. Very good
The printer arrived well packaged and the instructions were clear. The installation was smooth.

My first printouts on 22 and 24 lb laser papers seemed mediocre. Then I tried some of the expensive premium color laser sheets and was startled to see how good they looked. I am a light user and don't print many photos. So I may dump my inkjet if this printer continues to perform at this level.

I am also very pleased with the auto deep sleep mode which means I never have to turn the printer on or off. This is also the quietest laser I've ever owned.

UPDATE: Because of the good results after nearly three months, I've upgraded this to five stars and given away my HP and Canon inkjet printers. The printer manual says the included start-up toners will produce about 1,000 pages which seems to correspond to what I am getting.

2. Very good printer - but if photo printing is critical use inkjet!! (not laser)
I have this printer and it does a great job with text and graphics. Photo printing is just OK but that's typical of most color laser printers. If photo printing is critical then go Photo Inkjet or use a professional service.

I compared a color photo printout from this printer against my HP and Lexmark color laser printers and I'd put this printer better then HP but below Lexmark but the differences are very subtle and at a few inches away there is no difference. My other comment is if you want to print photos then use the best premium laser paper you can find. (not all purpose office paper)

Setup was super easy. I plugged in the USB cable and W8 automatically recognized it. (no drivers to load) I did not try wireless since I have no need.

One of the negatives is that there are currently no aftermarket toner cartridge options. However you can refill the starter cartridges and reset them without replacing chips or reset gears. It's all done from...

Need more appointment... ?
Very light use
Just got this printer and am happy with it. The picture quality is ok but I don't print many pictures.
It's fast and quiet compared to my old mono laser printer. I love the deep sleep mode.
More information by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment